Monday, April 9, 2018

Fairy Tale Flowers


I am a serious background stamp addict, I must confess. The very first thing I do when I get a new Stampin' Up! catalog is head straight for the background stamps and start making a wish list. I think they are so versatile, not just as a backdrop, but are awesome for the main image. I will be working with this Technique Junkies set today and will be back with more variations.

The first card uses Whisper White as the base, stamped image in Memento Tuxedo Black and then covered with Nuvo embellishment mousses of Peony Pink, Cornflower Blue, and Lemon Sorbet. This lightened the stamped lines to a dark gray color. On Shimmery White I stamped the sentiment in black a few times using the Misti stamp positioner. Spellbinders frame. Added some paper quilled flowers that were cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die to accentuate the colors used on the card. Also for the Card Concept #90 challenge of Sweet Treats colors and flowers.


I have a basket of pre-made panels that were done using various Tim Holtz distress oxide inks which makes it easy to throw a card together. The only drawback is I usually can't remember exactly which combination of inks I used :)
The Fairy Tale Flowers was stamped on one of these panels with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and individual flowers were colored using Copic markers and highlighted with white gel pen. Sentiment embossed in glossy black on vellum.

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Joanne! love the colors you blended on your background and that lovely die cut for your sentiment!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful background for sure! Love your card!

Susan Powell said...

These are both so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.