Thursday, June 15, 2017

Card Catch Up






Catching up on my card challenge uploads. It's been a sore week of healing after some minor surgery. Stitches on my back have kept me from being as active as I would like but I was able to carefully stamp some things. Stamps aren't too heavy to lift :)
The first card is on Whisper White and uses Penny Black Pop Pop Poppy watercolor stamp. Instead of watercoloring it I used my new Lyra polycolor pencils (love) and Kinda Eclectic sentiment by SU.

The mermaid is by Kindred stamps on a Tim Holtz distress oxide background. I made a stencil of circles using an acetate sheet and circle dies. It's so easy to make your own stencils and I plan on going through my dies and creating some more of these! Inked white craft ink for additional bubbles with stencil and added the leftover acetate circles to card for more water "bubbles".

The third card was for Flag Day on June 14. The flag strip is actually duct tape. The rosette was made with some retired SU paper and the Tim Holtz die, added a star embellishment to center. Clear embossed a mountain/valley Americana scene on the bottom and sentiment in Pacific Point ink (stamps by Mark's Finest Papers).

Happy Summer! Rocky The Crab die is by Elizabeth Craft Designs, not sure where I got the summer sentiment. Crumb Cake card base was embossed in Baked Brown Sugar ink with retired Sandy Shells wheel. Crab washi tape added to bottom and I made some shells with polymer clay and a mold.

And finally one of my favorite Stampin' Up! stamps (never to be sold!) Corner Garden. Embossed in white and painted with re-inker colors of Crushed Curry, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Wasabi and Celery. Sentiment is from Field Flowers, another keeper!

No comments: