Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2-step Bird Punch


I love this punch! I cut a card into a birdhouse shape and stamped it with the retired Weathered background stamp in Artichoke and sponged edges in Mellow Moss. You could use the current Woodgrain bg stamp but I don't have that one yet.
Other punches used: Scallop border in Artichoke, 1 3/4" circle in Basic Gray, 2-step bird in Crushed Curry (stamped with Priceless swirl), leaves in Artichoke, Three Flower Punch in white with artichoke brads. The card opens from the side, fold is on the left.

8 comments:

mudmaven said...

Love this! I really need to break out that punch and put it to good use. Love the weathered backgound on this. ~chris

Lorraine said...

This is adorable. I loved the weathered background - it's perfect. The swirls on the bird make it just that much more special.

Karen said...

This is very creative, I love this look. Does the card open from side or the top? I guess it really doesn't matter. I love the bird punch too! It's on my long list of things I want to order.
Beautiful card!

Bev Dahl said...

What a darling card!

JazzyH said...

Great card!

eva said...

How delightful!

Sharon Graham said...

Love it! Love the scalloped roof on the birdhouse (along with everything else).

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Really cute card, Joanne. I just got that punch and love it too. The weathered background stamp is perfect for that adorable little bird house!