Sunday, July 26, 2009

Vintage Ornaments 1 Stencils














Today's SU product focus is on the Vintage Ornaments 1 Stencils that can be found in the Definitely Decorative Fall Winter supplement. Their order number is 117580. The largest ornament is 3 3/4" x 6 1/2". I got most of this ornament on a standard A2 size card by eliminating the very top hook part. I think these will be cool to cut out and hang as regular ornaments, I turned mine into a card. I started out by sponging some Barely Banana inside the large stencil and adding some Apricot Appeal to the edges. I gave my stencil a quick rinse right after use for easy clean up. I then stamped the Cardinal Christmas (111760) in black right onto the ornament shape. Colored with markers and some re-inkers with aquapainter. Cut out and added some silver stretch cording (coming up in the Holiday mini) and a rhinestone brad. Popped this up on Stampin' dimensionals onto a Ruby Red card base that was embossed with the Finial Press folder #115963.














The second sample uses Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, and Basic Black cardstocks with Bermuda ink. When using the stencil, especially for this intricate design, you will want to hold the stencil down and pounce with ink firmly up and down. If you swipe it back and forth the stencil shifts more easily and the sponge gets caught in the template.

6 comments:

JulieA said...

Joanne, that's beautiful! I love it! Stencils are next on my long list so that I can use them on cards and scrapbook pages. Love the way you used the Cardinal Christmas on this ornament!

ChristineCreations said...

How pretty Joanne! Nice to see how the stencils look too.

jacque4u2c said...

Just stunning!

Becky said...

These are gorgeous, love the colors on the second one.

Karina said...

Those ornaments are beautiful, I especially love the bigger swirl. Have to look around to get it somewhere.
Love from Karina

Deb said...

What a wonderful use for the stencils! These cards are gorgeous, I think I just might "have" to order some stencils now! :-)The Bermuda Bay looks so modern for Christmas cards, I love it!