Sunday, February 8, 2009

Black & White Challenge

This week's Three Amigas challenge is to make a black and white card with a pop of red. I was inspired by this lampshade from hunkydoryhome.com












For the background I stamped the brocade style image stamp from the new Stampin' Up Friends 24-7 set in Versamark and then embossed it in white repeatedly to create the background. This took a bit since I had to re-position the image with the stamp-a-majig after each individual image embossing. I love the way the background came out though! The rest of the card was a snap after that. I stamped this same image in black on Whisper White, added sentiment in Real Red with a rhinestone brad from the Pretties Kit and some of the new Valet ribbon. This is SO pretty in real life. It is a ruched black velvet, it's a shame you can't see the detail of it in the photograph. This 3 pack of ribbon is a must have!
Please join us for this challenge. We call it the Three Amigas Weekly Challenge or TAWC so make sure you use the TAWC so we can find your cards in the SCS gallery.
Have a wonderful stamping week, y'all!

Julie's card
Sharon
Sharon Graham
Lisa
Julie Alberda
Chris

21 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Absotootly Love it! I am a huge fan of black & white. Your card has such a richness to it!

Unknown said...

i so love it. its a really great card., love the paper.

mudmaven said...

This is my favorite color combo this v-day season. Gonna have to make a card methinks! ~chris

Tasha Hickert said...

Wow, if I hadn't read the words I would be sure it was pattern paper. That is sooooo cool. I love your card.

Becky said...

This is fabulous, I just love black and white, and just a hint of red.

Angela said...

OOOHHH! How BEAUTIFUL! I Love black and white.. great card!

Laurel DeViney said...

Love, Love, Love the brocade background!!!! I thought it was paper!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful!

JulieA said...

Wow, you really nailed those challenges! That stamp looks so good on black! Congrats my Amiga on a wonderful card!

mudmaven said...

Well I made a card and it's posted on SCS and on my blog. I love this color combo and your card was so spectacular I just had to make one too! Thanks. ~chris

Sharon said...

Amazing!!!! At first glance before reading, I thought you had used the fabric from the lampshade!!! Wow---this is so stunning!

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous! I absolutely love it! Black and White is one of my faves!

Alfredo Gallardo said...

Wow, that is some really nicely done work.

chica21b said...

Joanne!!! Your background is PERFECT it looks like designer paper. I REALLY REALLY love this card.

Abi Bundy said...

absolutely gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great way to use the new stamp set! I absolutely love the background you've created with it! Makes me rethink not buying it... (Not that I don't love it, it's just not available in French.)

Cindy

laos348 said...

This is such a super elegant card - I bet in person it looks even more fabulous than it does on the screen!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! This is stunning!

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is my favorite new set and I love what you've done with that flourish as a background--I am speechless! Thanks to mudmaven for directing me to your blog....I just posted a card yesterday that fits the challenge! Beautiful creations!
Here's mine:
http://weeinklings.blogspot.com/2009/02/black-white-red-all-over.html

Sharon Graham said...

Dang girl! This is beyond amazing.

Mine's up on my blog now.

Joan Ervin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Joanne...love the black and white and the sentiment looks fabulous in red!!!